The Home Vaastu is direction sensitive; here the word direction stands for the magnetic directions viz. North, South, East, West etc..
The word direction in general means course, route, instruction or guidance etc. but in Vaastu ‘Direction’ implies the magnetic direction or the directions indicated by a magnetic compass. A magnetic compass is a basic and essential instrument which a vaastu expert needs to carry. Without taking directions into account the science of Vaastu is meaningless.
Eight directions are considered in Vaastu. We all are familiar with the four main directions viz. North, East, South and West. Four more directions become evident if we take the middle points of two adjacent directions as follows:
Midpoint of North and East is Northeast.
Midpoint of North and West is Northwest.
Midpoint of South and East is Southeast.
Midpoint of South and West is Southwest.
So we get in all eight directions for the purpose of Vaastu considerations. In a square or rectangular plot of land these directions are as shown in the sketch below:
Directions and their Governing Planets …
Each of the eight directions in a plot of land is governed by one of the eight planets as listed in table below:
Main Defects of Each Direction and an Effective General Cure …
The following situations cause Vaastu defects in the North direction…
• If Kitchen is located here.
• If Garbage bin is located here.
• If Store room is located here.
• If there is no open space here.
• If the ground level here is lower than northeast.
• If the ground level here is higher than that of northwest or south.
• If the boundary walls here are higher than those in south.
• If there are high trees or other buildings or mountains in this direction.
• If there is no window in this direction.
• If any heating system or electric system is located here.
General Remedy: If any or more of the defects as listed above in the north direction cannot be removed then fix an energized Mercury Yantra in the defected area or on the door of the room in which this defect occurs.
The following situations cause Vaastu defects in the Northeast direction…
• If open space in this direction is less than that in other directions.
• If there is a heap of garbage or any clutter in this direction.
• If there is a toilet in this direction.
• If there is a kitchen in this direction.
• If heavy equipment or any machine is installed here.
• If the boundary wall in this direction is higher than that in west or south.
General Remedy: If any or more of the defects as listed above in the northeast direction cannot be removed then fix an energized Jupiter Yantra in the defected area or on the door of the room in which this defect occurs.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar