Role of Mars in Marriage
Role of Mars in Marriage – All the nine planets of Vedic Astrology viz. Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu play their roles in marriage in some way or the other, but in this article we are focusing on the role of Mars mainly because it is related to some important issues connected with marriage and married life such as in judging compatibility of partners, sexual act, passion, harmony, Time of Conception and Child-birth.
In Judging Compatibility (Match making)
Believers of Vedic Astrology or Indian people in general, give importance to consideration of Manglik Yoga, which is also known as Manglik Dosha (defect due to Mars) or Kuja Dosha, at the time of fixing marriage alliance of their children.
In a birth chart prepared as per Vedic or Hindu Astrology the placement of natal Mars in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house is believed to cause this Yoga or Dosha. Some include the 2nd house also.
Generally this Dosha is considered in the birth chart which is called the Ascendant Chart or Lagan Kundali as well as in the Moon Chart which is also called Chandra Kundali or Rashi Chart.
Since Venus is the significator of marriage, so I believe that one must consider this Dosha in the Venus Chart also in addition to the ascendant Chart and the Moon Chart. Venus Chart is formed if one considers the house where natal Venus is posited as the ascendant.
The order of importance should be as follows:
1. The Ascendant Chart
2. The Moon Chart
3. Venus Chart
The following illustrations clarify how Moon and Venus Charts can be created out of a Birth Chart.
Why only these Five Houses are considered?
Out of the twelve houses these five are mainly responsible for harmony in marriage. The 1st house or the ascendant is connected with a person’s physical and mental health and make-up. The 4th house is connected with domestic life and peace of mind. The 7th house is the main house of marriage, spouse, sexual and social affairs. The marital bond, longevity and disputes are related to the 8th house. And lastly the 12th house signifies one’s enemies, secret activities and pleasures related to sexual union.
There is lot of unwarranted fear and dread connected with this Dosha in a person’s chart. Like many other Doshas or Malefic Yogas the Manglik Dosha is not always as dreadful as people think. There is nothing to fear of the planet Mars as such. Mars like all other planets is essential for a normal and balanced life. Many important functions of our physical existence depend upon Mars. It is only under certain unfavourable conditions that some negative effects are possible. So it is important to know through proper analysis of the birth chart whether or not Mars is capable of causing any serious concern.
No planet can be labelled as purely malefic under all situations. It is like other things in life, even a dreaded criminal is good for his or her nears and dears. –
Planet Mars signifies enterprise, enthusiasm, aspirations, energy, passion and many more aspects without which life is not possible. It is Mars, which gives the necessary drive, boldness, dexterity and tactics,so proper evaluation of Mars in a birth chart should be the first step.
Broadly speaking Mars can be harmful in the following situations, but even then detailed analysis is required:
(1) If Mars being lord of 6th or 8th house is posited in the 7th house.
(2) If Mars is debilitated and posited in any of the five houses viz. 1,4,7,8 or 12.
(3) If in addition to the presence of this yoga there are other malefic effects on one or more of these five houses.
(4) If Mars causing this yoga is posited in a constellation of a malefic planet.
(5) If Mars in any of these houses is degree wise close to the mid cusp of the house.
Role of Mars in Marriage – The malefic nature of Mars is toned down in following situations:
(1) If posited in its own, friendly or exaltation signs.
(2) If posited in the constellation of a benefic planet.
(3) If it is conjunct or aspected by a benefic planet.
(4) If it is combust or weak in Shadbal strength.
(5) If in the Bhava chart it moves to a house other than these five.
Cancellation of Manglik yoga
Under the following conditions this yoga is considered cancelled:
(1) If in one partners chart the mangalik dosha occurs and in the other partners chart any malefic planet viz. Mars, Saturn, Rahu, Ketu, waning Moon or Sun fall in the same place.
(2) If Mars is aspected by Jupiter.
(3) If Mars is posited in any of its own signs viz. Aries or Scorpio.
(4) If Mars is aspected by Saturn.
(5) If Rahu which is aspected by Jupiter or Saturn aspects the dosha causing Mars.
(6) If Mars is posited in Taurus or Libra signs in 4th or 7th houses.
(7) If Mars is placed with Jupiter, uninflected Mercury or waxing Moon.
(8) If Mars is posited in any of these signs: Cancer, Leo or Capricorn.
(9) If Mars is placed in the 8th house in either Sagittarius or Pisces.
(10) If Mars is placed in any of these constellations: Ashvini, Magha or Moola.
(11) If Mars is posited in Leo sign.
(12) If Mars is posited in the 8th house in signs of Saturn.
In order to clear any doubt about Manglik Dosha or to confirm about its existence in the birth chart and its severity or cancellation etc. and suggestions about any remedial measures required, you can order Personalised Mangal Dosha with Remedies Report.
Mercury Married Life – Importance of Mercury in Married Life
Remedies for Unfavorable Moon.
Shani Remedies to Remove Pitra Dosha Planetary Defects and Diseases from life.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar