VAKRASANA (twisted pose)
1. VAKRASANA – Keep your legs stretched in the sitting position. Raise the right leg by bending the knee and pull the foot until it rests by the side of your left knee.
2. Place your right hand behind the back without much twist of the trunk. Then bring the left arm over the right knee and hold the right ankle.
3. Push your right knee as far to the left as possible offering good resistance to the left arm.
4. Now exhale and try to twist the trunk to the right side as much as possible taking good support from the left arm, and look towards the right shoulder. This is a complete twist to the right side.
5. Do this asana in the same manner and duration on the left side also.
A very good exercise to make the spine flexible. It is helpful in treating enlarged and congested liver and inactive kidneys. It brings relief to hypertension, constipation and diabetic patients.