*MangalDosha and its Cancellation*
An Astrological blemish(dosha) due to placement of Mars in a birth chart called MangalikDosha (MangalikYoga) need not be feared since it may be getting cancelled.
What is Mangalik Dosha or Yoga?
In Vedic Astrology the planet Mars placed in any of the 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house in a birth chart is believed to cause a blemish or Dosha which is considered while matching birth charts of a boy and girl in order to determine their compatibility for marriage. Some astrologers include the 2nd house as well in the above list of houses causing this dosha.
Cancellation of Mangalik yoga
This Dosha or Yoga can be considered cancelled or nullified if any of the following conditions exist:
• If in the birth chart of one partner Mars falls in any of the above mentioned houses and in the birth chart of the second partner Mars falls in the same house. Some modern day astrologers believe that in the second partner’s chart if instead of Mars any other malefic planet such as Rahu, Ketu or Saturn falls in the same place then also this dosha is cancelled.
• Planet Mars in any of the above houses but in the zodiac signs of Aries or Scorpio cancels this yoga.
• Planet Mars falling in any of the above houses, but under aspect of Saturn cancels this yoga.
• Planet Mars in any of the above houses but under favourable aspect of Jupiter cancels this yoga.
• If Mars falls in Taurus or Libra signs in the 4th or 7th house then this yoga is cancelled.
• Placement of Mars in any of the above houses in Leo sign cancels this yoga.
• Planet Mars in any of the above houses but falling in Ashvini, Maghaor Moola star-constellation (Nakshatra) cancels this yoga.
• Mars in conjunction with Jupiter or strong Moon cancels this yoga.
• Planet Mars placed in the 8th house, but in Capricorn or Aquarius sign cancels this yoga.
• Planet Mars placed in the 8th house, but Sagittarius or Pisces sign cancels this yoga.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar