Narak chaoudas is celebrated one day before the main day of Diwali, the five days long festival of Hindus. It comes on the 14th tithi in the dark fortnight in the month of Kartik. The day is also known as Narak Chaturdashi. Some call it Roop Chaudas. It will be celebrated on 26 October this year. It is important to know the importance of narak chaturdashi and how it is celebrated.
Maa Kali Worship
Goddess Kali is worshipped on this day. Narak Chaturdashi is the occasion for doing pooja of Maa Kali. People worship her to get the boon of strength and courage that is needed to overcome the dark and evil forces. Doing Kali pooja on this helps in protecting you from people who indulge in evil acts. Goddess Kali destroys and kills all types of evil, wrongs, and negative forces. You will get victory over your opponents and enemies if you do Kali worship on this day.
Occult And Tantrik Rituals
The 14th tithi or chaturdashi is best for indulging in the occult. People do Tantrik rituals on this day. If you want to remove the evil from your or your loved one’s life, you can do some remedies on Narak Chaturdashi. Contact an astrologer to find problems in your kundli and do the remedies as suggested on this day.
Narak Chaturdashi is an ideal occasion for pacifying Rahu. Rahu signifies the negative forces and if it is not placed in a good position in the kundli, it can bring destruction and negative effect in your life. Goddess Kali helps in nullifying the harmful effect of a wrongly placed Rahu in kundli. If you are facing a problem in your life due to a negative Rahu, do remedies to make Maa Kali happy. This will cancel the harmful effect of Rahu. Narak Chaturdashi is also known as Kali Chaudas.
Abhyang Snan is the most important ritual on Narak Chaturdashi although it can be done on Amavasya and Pratipada in Diwali. The Hindu mythology and custom say that doing the abhyang snan on the chaturdashi tithi one day before Diwali can help in avoiding the chance of going to Narak. For doing the abhyang snan, you must apply an ubtan on your body that has sesame oil or til ka tel. Remember Varun God while having a bath. Put haldi and kumkum in the water before bathing. If possible wear new clothes. Do yama tarpan after this. Light a diya for yamaraj in the evening on narak chaturdashi.
Muhurat Of Narak Chaturdashi Snan
The muhurat or most auspicious time for abhyang snan on Narak Chaturdashi on 26 October is 5:35-6:42 AM.
Things To Do On Narak Chaturdashi
1. Make a Prasad of til, ladoo, rice. Add sugar and ghee to this. Offer this prasad to Maa Kali.
2. Sing bhajan and songs of Maa Kali on this day. Do this at the time of muhurat especially.
3. Bathe with water and remember to wash hair on Narak Chaturdashi. Use Kajal in the eyes. This will help in removing evil elements and negative effects in your life.
Things To Avoid On Narak Chaturdashi
Be careful while walking on the road on the day of Narak Chaturdashi. People do tantric rituals and throw the materials on the road. If you see fruit and black colored dolls or material on the road, do not place your foot on it or cross it.
How Maa Kali Pooja On Narak Chaturdashi Helps You
1. Worshipping Maa Kali on Narak Chaturdashi helps in fighting diseases and chronic illness.
2. It protects you from black magic.
3. You can overcome debts and financial problems in your life by doing pooja on this day.
4. If you are facing any problem in work or business, it will be solved.
5. Maa Kali worship nullifies the negative effect of Rahu and Shani.
6. You get the boon of protection from insults and wrongdoing by unknown people.