Even when Mangalik Yoga is formed in a birth chart it may not be effective as in many cases the Yoga gets cancelled. In case the Yoga is active some remedial measures can be followed to remove the negative results.
Mangalik Yoga, which is considered as a dosha (defect) in Vedic astrology is formed if in a birth chart the planet Mars occupies the ascendant, 4th house, 7th house, 8th house or the 12th house. Some include among the above the 2nd house also.
In true sense the yoga should be considered as per the ascendant chart (Lagan Kundali), the Moon chart (Rashikundali) and the Venus chart (reorienting the ascendant chart by making the house where Venus is placed as the ascendant). The Yoga should be considered the strongest if it is formed in all the above charts and less severe if formed in two or one chart only out of the three mentioned above.
Cancellation of the Mangalik Yoga
• If in one partner’s chart the Mangalik Yoga is present and in the other partners charts Mars or any other malefic planet viz. Saturn, Rahu, Ketu or weak Moon occupies the same house.
• If Mars occupies Aries or Scorpio sign.
• If Mars receives aspect of Jupiter.
• If Mars occupies the Taurus or Libra signs in the 4th or 7th houses.
• If Mars is conjunct Jupiter, Mercury or strong Moon.
• If Mars occupies Cancer, Leo or Capricorn signs.
• If Mars is in Sagittarius or Pisces signs in the 8th house.
• If Mars falls in the Ashvini, Magha or Moolanakshatra.
• If Mars is in the Leo sign.
• If Mars is in Capricorn or Aquarius signs in the 8th house.
Less Harmful Mangalik Yoga
The Mangalik Yoga is not very harmful if any or more of the following conditions are met:
• If Mars occupies its own, friendly or exaltation signs.
• If Mars falls in the constellation(Nakshatra) of a benefic planet.
• If Mars is conjunct a benefic planet or aspected by it.
• If Mars is combust or weak in its Shadbal strength.
• If in the Bhava chart the Mars moves to another house where this Yoga is not formed.
More Harmful Mangalik Yoga
The Mangalik yoga is considered more harmful if any ore more of the following condition is present:
• If Mars as the lord of 6th or 8th house is placed in the 7th house.
• If Mars is debilitated and posited in any of the five houses viz. 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th.
• If in addition to the presence of this yoga other malefic conditions are also present in the chart.
• If Mars is in the constellation (Nakshatra) of a malefic planet.
Remedies for the Mangalik Yoga (Dosha)
The most prominentcure or remedy is that if a boy or a girl is Mangalik then select his or her spouse having the same defect or Dosha. Also in case of a boy this dosha gets cancelled after the age of 35 years and in case of a girl after the age of 30 years.
• If the girl is Mangalik then before marriage perform the ‘Ghat Vivah’ or ‘Kumbh Vivah’ through a priest.
• If in the birth chart the Mars is placed in the 4th or 8th house then the candidate should recite the Mahamrituinjai Mantra and also perform Rudrabhishek.
• The Mangalik Dosha occurring in a male’s chart is cured by recitations of ‘Hanumaan Chalisa’ for 40 days without break before marriage.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar