*Wisdom from the Science of Electional Astrology*
Our wise ancients knew that everything connected with life falls under the influence of Planets and Stars. With this in mind, they, using their supernatural powers, devised the science of Mahurata or ‘Electional Astrology’ in order to select most auspicious times for important events.
Illness that causes much suffering
It has been observed that any illness which starts under any of the following nakshatras generally causes much suffering:
• Your birth nakshtra viz. the nakshatra in which the Moon was at the time of your birth.
• 3rd , 5th or 7th nakshatra as counted from your birth nakshatra.
When to Begin Treatment?
This question is a little confusing because the best time should be as early as possible after diagnosis of an ailment. But sometimes there is possibility of waiting for some time due to many factors. In such cases one can select most favourable time to begin treatment.
Imp. Note: The author would suggest ignoring waiting for a mahurata in cases of emergency and in such situations just follow the general remedial procedure as suggested here in the end.
If possible without causing any further damage to your health condition begin treatment of any chronic disease under the following Nakshatras (Star- Constellations):
Ashvini, Rohini, Mrigshira, Punarvasu, Pushiya, Utra-shadha, Utra-bhadrapad, Hasta, Chitra, Swati, Anuradha, Shravan, Dhanishtha, Shatbhisha, Revati
When to Undergo Surgery?
(1) If possible without causing any further damage to your health condition, and strictly with your Doctor’s advice, undergo any required surgery during the bright half or waxing Moon period, but avoid doing so on full Moon day (poornima).
(2) Also avoid surgery when the Moon is in the same sign as it was at the time of your birth.
(3) Try to have surgery on Tuesdays and Saturdays if possible.
General Remedial Procedure
As mentioned earlier in cases when it is not advisable to wait for the suggested suitable Mahurata (Auspicious Time) then just follow this:
For all types of treatments worship Jupiter (Brehaspati) and recite at least 108 times the mantra, “Om brim brehespatayenamaha”.
For Surgery worship Jupiter and Mars and recite the following mantra in addition to the above, “Om angangarkaayanamaha”
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar