Govardhan Puja 2022 – Importance of Govardhan Puja and Annakoot – The Festival of Offering Food and Prasad to Lord Krishna
Govardhan Puja is an important festival that comes on the day next to Diwali night. It is a day when people worship Lord Krishna and pray to Him. They do puja of Govardhan parvat and cows, a favorite of Krishna. This year, Govardhan puja will be celebrated on 25 October 2022. There is a custom of making 56 types of foods and dishes and offering to Lord Krishna as a bhog or Prasad. The dishes offered to God are known as annakoot. The meaning of annakoot, in simple words, is a mountain of food. Annakoot is offered to god as a mark of gratitude for the blessings and happiness that God bestows on us.
Why Annakoot Is Celebrated
Hindus and people in India celebrate Annakoot to signify Krishna’s victory on Indra and saving people from rain and havoc caused by Indra by holding Govardhan parvat on the finger. People worship Lord Krishna on this day, cook many types of food in a bulk quantity, and offer it to Him as a bhog or Prasad. People convey their thankfulness to God for his protection and blessings by making a mountain of food or annakoot on the next day of Diwali.
Muhurat Of Govardhan Puja
The muhurat of Govardhan puja this year is 3.25 PM-5.39 PM in the evening. The muhurat stands for the Delhi area.
How To Celebrate Annakoot Festival
Cereals like wheat and rice are used to cook the annakoot for Lord Krishna on Govardhan puja. It also includes green leafy vegetables, seasonal vegetables, and besan curry. 56 types of foods or chappan bhog are cooked and offered as Prasad to God. When you start the Govardhan puja, you should bathe Krishna’s idol with water and milk. Then use bright and colorful clothes on the idol. After that, offer the annakoot bhog or Prasad.
Annakoot Bhog As Per Rashi Or Zodiac Sign
If you cook and offer dishes to Lord Krishna as annakoot in Govardhan puja as per your rashi, you will get a special benefit and blessings of God. A special note for you is to see the rashi as per the rashi or zodiac sign of the head of your household. If you don’t know the rashi, then see the zodiac sign as per the name of the person who is the head of your house.
1. Mesha Rashi-Offer fruits, seasonal vegetables, and red sweets in annakoot. Offer red sweets first as an offering to god on this day before offering other foods.
2. Vrishabh Rashi-Fruits, food, and white sweets are the best annakoot offerings to Lord Krishna for vrishabh rashi people. Offer white sweets first and then offer the rest foods.
3. Mithun Rashi-Offer green leafy vegetables, green sweets, and lauki launj as an annakoot bhog on this day.
4. Kark Rashi-Along with fruits and food, you should offer white sweets to God. Offer the white sweets first and then the rest of bhog.
5. Singh Rashi-Fruits, seasonal vegetables, and red sweets are the best annakoot prasad for Singh people. Offer red sweets before you offer any other food.
6. Kanya Rashi-Offer green vegetables, green sweets, and lauki launj as a bhog on this day.
7. Tula Rashi-Fruits, food, and white sweets are ideal prasad as an annakoot. Offer white sweets before offering any other item to God.
8. Vrishchika Rashi-The best annakoot bhog for these people is fruits, seasonal vegetables, and red sweets. Place the red sweets first and then rest foods.
Diwali Remedies | Diwali Puja Process | 5 Day long festival of lights | Lalkitab Tips of Diwali for Wealth | Katha of Diwali | Dhanteras 2022 | Badi Diwali | Celebration of diwali 2022 | Celebration of Choti Diwali | The Gala of Diwali Festival | Bhaidooj 2022 | Govardhan Puja 2022 | Narak Chaturdashi 2022 | Why Lakshmi Ganesha worshiped together?
9. Dhanu Rashi-Offer fruits more than vegetables as annakoot. There should be minimum of five types of fruits. Offer sweets made of gram or besan first before offering other foods.
10. Makar Rashi-Fruits, vegetables, and five types of sweets should be the annakoot bhog for you. Offer black sesame seeds or kala til with the bhog and flow it in running water or river the next day.
11. Kumbh Rashi-Offer fruits, vegetables, and five types of sweets in annakoot. Offer black til with bhog and flow it in running water the next day.
12. Meen Rashi-Annakoot should have fruits more than the number of vegetables. Offer five types of fruits. Besan sweets should be offered first before offering other foods.