Diwali Puja Process
Diwali Puja Process – Diwali is one of the main occasion of Hindus which is dedicated to Mother Laxmi (The Goddess of success and wealth). During Diwali, it is believed that Maa Laxmi visits the home of everyone and gives harmony and prosperity to all. In the evening after sunset “Lakshmi-Pujan” is performed at home by all the devotees.
During this pujan, five diyas (lamps) of ghee are lit in front of the Goddesses, naivedya of conventional sweets is offered to them and devotional songs are sung by the people in the praise of Maa Laxmi. After doing Diwali Puja, people light their homes with diyas (lamps) to clear the darkness from all corners.
Apart from this, Farmers adorn their cattle and worship them because they form the main resource of their earnings.
On this auspicious festival, Cows are adorned and worshiped in the South because they are considered as embodiment of Goddess Lakshmi. Remedies for Safe and Colorful Diwali 2020
Diwali Puja Process
1. First of all, clean the room of worship and then Bathe each Deity with water, panchamitra/or rose water.
2. Now lit a lamp in front of the Deities – As the small diyas of clay are lighted to eliminate the darkness of evil spirits.
3. Make a Panchamitra with the use of five ingredients that consists of milk, curd, ghee, sugar and Honey.
4. Have a few sweet items snacks and fruits as prasad.
5. Offer abir (red color) flowers to the deities along with applying Tilak of sindoor (vermillion) and haldi (turmeric).
6. Lit the Agarbatti (incense sticks) and lamps of Ghee in front of the divine idols.
7. Now, make the offerings of fruits, sweet meat (mithai), Salty snacks like Mathis, Ghathia, Namakpare. Also, offer dakshina (token money) which could be given to the poor person.
8. Now, at the end, offer paan (betel leaves) and cloves to the deities and worship them to seek their blessings.
9. Ganesh Puja – Ganesh Puja must be performed in Diwali Puja. However, in all the pujas, Lord Ganesha is to be worshipped before other deities.
10. Laxmi Puja: In order to worship Maa Laxmi, offer a lotus and other flowers at her feet. Also, during the Puja, a silver coin is placed in front of her. Now, the Lakshmi Aarti is sung by the devotees by keeping flowers in hand. Why Lakshmi Ganesha worshiped together?
After executing Diwali Puja, people eat the Prasad and go out to burst the Crackers.