Badi Diwali Festival 2019
Badi Diwali (Sunday, 27 October 2019) is one of the chief festivals of Hindus which is falling on Sunday, 27 October 2019. Every year, it comes in Kartik month on the day of new moon. On this propitious day, devotees celebrate the festival of Bhagvati Maha Lakshmi with great enthusiasm. They decorate their houses with lamps and lights. Children fire crackers with the great joy and excitement. There is a tradition of wearing new cloths and distributing sweets and other gifts to the nearest and dearest ones. It is a believed that the upcoming year will go with full of cheerfulness and prosperity by worshiping Lakshmi-Ganesh with full devotion and lighting the lamps on this day.
Worshiping at home and workplace
On Diwali evening, pictures or statues of Lakshmi-Ganesha’s should be worshipped. Also, the inside wall of the house for worshiping can be decorated by the pictures of God Ganesha and Goddess Laksmi. Other Gods should be worshipped too along with the worshiping of Lakshmi-Ganesha.
First pray in temples and then at place of work and home
At Temple: First of all, do the worship of Maa Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha, Lord Dhanpati, Lord Indradev, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Saraswati by water, roli (red powder), rice, kheel (popped paddy,) batashe (sugar cakes), abeer-gulaal (colored powder), flowers, coconut, sweets, perfume and dhoop (incense sticks) etc in the temple.
At workplace: Businessman should worship their account books and the place of work along with the worshipping of Lakshmi-Ganesha with full of devotion. Ledgers and workplaces can be worshipped by the help of the priests.
At home: Buy various types of feasts and sweets or make them at home for the purpose of offering them to the Gods and Goddesses while worshiping. Also, you can serve a little portion of all the home made foods to a Brahmin.
Popular Legends associated with Badi Diwali
1. It is believed that on this day, King Bali is declared by the Lord an Indra of underworld, so Indra performed Diwali fest by thanking Lord for protecting his throne of Indralok.
2. It is also believed that Goddess Lakshmi came into the survival on the same day with the Kalash of Nectar during Samudra Manthan (Churrning the Sea).
3. The new era of King Vikramaditya is composed on the same day. He called up the immense scholars as well as priests to find out the best mahurat to begin new Era on Chaitra Sudi’s pratipada.
4. Nirwaana is received on the same day by the founder of Arya Samaj Maharshi Dayanand.
5. According to the most famous story, Badi Diwali is celebrated as Shri Ramchandra returned back from Lanka after Vanvaasa (exile) of the fourteen years.