The Shardiya Navratri 2022 has started in the Hasta nakshatra and the nine days of worship of Maa Durga has begun the tenth day is known as Dussehra. People observe fasts on this occasion. Some fast for the entire nine days while some do fasting on the first day and ashtmi or navami. Navratri began on Monday, 26 September and will continue up to Wednesday, 05th October. It is the most auspicious time when we can worship the goddess and get her blessings in return. Amrit Siddhi, Sarvarth Sidhi, and Ravi yogas are there this year in navratri. Two days of Shiva worship on Mondays are also occurring in these nine days. Astrological Significance Of Navratri is too much as Maa Durga is very important for hindus.
Kalash sthapna holds a great significance on the first day at the start. Burning an akhand jyot or a diya for the entire nine days that doesn’t extinguish is also an important ritual in navratri. However, there are some rules for burning the akhand jyot and one must know these before deciding to let the diya burn for the whole duration of navratri.
The light of the diya is a symbol of light that has the power to fight darkness. In the same way, when we burn an akhand jyot, we can remove the darkness of our life by worshipping Maa Durga.
Maa Durga comes down on the earth during the nine days of navratri and blesses the devotees who worship her. Devi Maa is riding on an elephant this time and she will leave on a horse at the end of the festival. Her arrival on an elephant ride is considered very auspicious and lucky for us. It grants wealth and prosperity to the devotees. This year, Navratri will be for nine days. There will be no merging of tithis that usually causes two days of navratri to be observed on the same day.
People in India and Hindus celebrate the navratri festival with great devotion and enthusiasm. Nine manifestations of Maa Durga in the form of nine goddesses or devis are worshipped during this time.
1. On the first day , Maa Shailputri is worshipped. Ghatasthapana is done on this day, also known as the kalash sthapna.
2. Maa Brahmacharini puja is done on the second day or dvitiya.
3. The third day or the tritiya is the day of worshipping Maa Chandraghanta.
4. The fourth day, chaturthi is for devotion to Maa Kushmanda.
5. Maa Skandamata is the goddess of the fifth day or panchami.
6. People do puja of Maa Katyayani on the sixth day or shashti.
7. The saptami or the seventh day is when we worship Maa Kalaratri.
8. The eighth day or ashtami holds a special significance as it is the day of Maa MahaGauri when we observe Dura Puja Asthami.
9. The last day, navami, the 9th and the end of the nine days is the day of worshipping Maa Siddhidatri. It is the day of Navratri Parana or the end of the nine days fasting.
10. The tenth day or dashami, next to the navami is celebrated as Dussehra. It is a big festival of Hindus also known as VijayaDashami.
The nine forms of Maa Durga in the form of nine devis represent the nine planets of the solar system. We can activate and pacify the planets by worshipping the corresponding devi or goddess of that planet. Remedies During The Navratas for an Early Marriage for Girls
If you do worship of Maa Durga with flowers of colors of your rashi, you will gain special benefit in navratri. The best flowers for all rashis for Maa Durga pooja this year are lotus, hibiscus, rose and kaner.
- People of the Moon sign Aries or mesha can offer red-colored flowers like red rose, hibiscus, red lotus or any other red flower.
- Taurus sign should do worship with white lotus, hibiscus, white kaner, sadabahar, bela, and harsingar.
- For Gemini or mithun rashi, yellow kaner, hibiscus, dronpushpi, genda and kevda flowers are good for worship.
- White and pink flowers like white lotus, white kaner, genda, hibiscus, sadabahar, chameli, and ratrani are the best for Cancer zodiac or kark rashi.
- Leo or singh rashi should use lotus, rose, kaner, and hibiscus.
- If your zodiac sign is Virgo or kanya rashi, you must offer fragrant flowers like hibiscus, rose, genda, harsingar.
- Libra or tula rashi can use white flowers like white lotus, white kaner, hibiscus, juhi, harsingar, sadabahar, kevda, bela an chameli.
- Scorpions or vrishhika rashi can offer flowers of red, yellow, and pink colors especially red lotus.
- If your sign is Sagittarius or dhanu, offer flowers like kaner, lotus, hibiscus, genga, and kevda.
- People of Capricorn or makara rashi and must do pooja with blue flowers.
- Aquarius or kumbh rashi should also do pooja with blue flowers.
- Yellow flowers are best for Pisces or meen rashi like yellow kaner, and all types of lotus, hibiscus, genda, and rose.
The Sharadiya Navratri marks the beginning of the cold winter season. Besides the change of season, it is the starting of the festivals of Hindus like Diwali, a big celebration in India. Navratri is the most auspicious festival when people do pooja in their homes. They hold pooja, bhajan, and worship celebrations in homes in a group or community with neighbors, acquaintances, and people they know. Women sing bhajans and chant mantras. Garba and Dandiya dance programs are held in many places. Special bhog Prasad for Maa Durga is prepared on ashtami and navami.
Kanya Poojan is a very important part of navratri when young girls of small age and one young boy are invited to the house and families hold a feast for them with a special Prasad of chickpeas or kala chana, halwa, and puri. The girls and the boy are given gifts and money. The girls of a specific age represent Maa Durga herself and they are worshipped as a goddess during navratri. People and Hindus from all parts of India and states celebrate navratri according to their local customs and rituals. It is the best time to seek the blessings of the Goddess.