1. Stand straight, feet apart and arms on the sides, palms facing and touching the thighs.
2. While inhaling, raise your right arm slowly up to shoulder level, palm facing down with the elbow straight.
3. Now turn the palm upwards and raise the hand so that it is in a straight line, touching the ear.
4. While exhaling, bend as far as possible to the left. This is the final position of Trikonasana.
5. Maintain it for a few seconds and return to normal position gradually.
6.The same is to be done on the other side. This completes the process. The lateral stretch should be felt.
Benefits & Precautions:
This asana makes the spine flexible and gives good exercise to the lateral area. It also vitalizes the liver, pancreas and kidneys, exercises the side muscles and increases the flexibility of the hip joints and waist.