East is the direction of hope; the direction one looks for the first rays of the life giving SUN, after a dark night. But in terms of Astrology & Vastu it means lot more.
After familiarising with the importance of the Sun in terms of astrology as well as Vastuyou may get your birth chart analysed by an astrologer and also get the premises checked for any defects of the east direction. After this you shall be able to take any corrective or remedial measures in order to enjoy greater magnanimity, sterling health, respect, name and fame and favours from authorities and government.
The Sun in terms of Astrology: As per Vedic Astrology the Sun carriesspecial importance since it mainly represents the core personality and overall physical health of a person. If in the birth chart the natal Sun is strong and well placed then the person carries an influential Aura of magnanimity and dynamic personality. Such a person not only displays authority, initiative, enterprise and creativity through his or her work, but also easily creates a niche for long term sustenance and prosperity.
The Sun is one of the significators of the ascendant of native’s birth chart and also the ascendant represents the east direction. Because of this any afflictions of the ascendant and or the Sun may cause east side Vastu defects in the building where that native lives. So verify this probability with the help of a vastu expert and take corrective action if required.
The Sun in terms of Vastu: As per the principles of the Indian ancient science & art of architecture called VastuShastra the Sun rules the East direction. Because of this the east facing houses are considered auspicious.
If one or more of the following defects (Vastu Doshas) exist in a premise then the Sun becomes weak and afflicted and may cause health and career related obstacles and problems for the owner and other occupants of the premises:
• The eastern boundary walls higher than the boundary walls of the west direction.
• Presence of a store room in the east.
• East side ground level higher than that of the west, south, southwest or southeast.
• Existence of a higher adjoining building or a hill in east side of the premises.
• Existence of toilets or garbage dumps in the east .
• No open space in the east of the building.
General Corrective or Remedial Suggestions
For East side Vastu Defects: In case any of the above mentioned vastu defects are found present in the premises and it is not feasible to alter the existing construction then follow one or more of the following:
• Fix an energised SuriyaYantra (SUN Yantra) inside the defected area or on the entrance door of that part or room.
• Recite at least 108 times the Gayatri Mantra by sitting in that defected area in the morning at sunrise time. Repeat this procedure for at least 40 days with regularity.
“Om bhurbhavaswa, tatsviturvarenium,
• Paint with orange colour the entrance door of the room or area in the east where this defect is present.
For Afflictions of the Ascendant or the Sun in the Birth Chart: In case in the birth chart of the owner or other occupants of the premises the ascendant, its lord or the Sun are afflicted or weak then follow one or more of the following general remedies:
Role and Meaning of the Compound Numbers | Tips for Happy Living | Meditation for Peaceful Life |
• Propitiate the planet which is the lord of the ascendant by reciting the relevant mantra as per the table-1 and table-2 below:
Number in the Ascendant
Corresponding Ascendant Sign
Lord of the Ascendant
‘Om bum budhaayenamaha’
‘Om brim brehespatayenamaha’
‘Om sham shneshcharayenamaha’
• For afflictions of the Sun recite the Gayatri Mantra as given above.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar