Significations of Mars per Bhrigu Nadi System
Agriculture, accidents, brothers, blood, carbuncle, commander-in -chief, cracks-in-flesh, courage, debts, fire, goldsmith, hemorrhage, injuries, instant death, sensuality, lacks morale, land, house, liberality, love, madness, passion, rage and strength. Lord Subramanya, vanity, wounds, bold speech, success in efforts, keen interest, bilious an windy complaints, mean life, criminal law, astrology, practice of mantras, atomic energy. Electrical, chemical and mechanical engineering, mining, military, electricity, petrol., ammunition, weapons, lime kilns, brick works, base metals, cruelty, hatred, odium, kitchen, gold, relatives, thieves, falsehood, butchery, red wine, enemy, quadruped, foreign travel, automobiles, machinery, youth, pungent taste, assembly-hall, flesh-eating, summer season, Lord Brahma, Sama Veda, iron, tending wild animals, independence, assertive nature, persistence, restlessness, coral, laboratories, skill in archery, southern direction, calumny, gossip, bakeries, drying of blood, head of a village, leanness.
The various effects produced by Mars, posited in different houses are as follows-
Mars in the ascendant
Wound marks on the body or marks left behind by boils, itches and the like, stealing habit, medium size, cruel hearted, excess of anger, extraordinary, valour, suffers from a peculiar disease, association with low-class people.
(a.) If exalted, or in its own house
Enjoys excellent health, well-built body, reputation, favours from highly-placed people, long life, financial prosperity, learned.
(b.) If in enemy or malefic house
– Poor longevity, few children, ugly-looking face.
(c ) If conjunct or aspected by malefic (s ) or occupying a malefic house
– Eye disease.
Mars in the 2nd House
(a.) If Mars, as the lord of the 11th , is posited in the 6th, the 12th or the 2nd house.
If aspected by a benefic – Good eye sight will result.
(b.) If exalted or in own house
– Higher education, good eyesight.
(c.) If in malefic house or aspected by malefic
– Eye-related ailments.
Mars in the 3rd House
Native’s wife will be of questionable character.
(a.) If aspected by a benefic
No blemish in wife’s character, no younger brother, poor income.
(b) If Conjunct Rahu or Ketu
Intimacy with women of questionable character, bitterness with brothers, few brothers.
(c.) If conjunct or aspected by malefics
– Loss of brothers.
(d.) If exalted or in own house, aspected by a benfic
– Prosperity, longevity for brothers, valourous.
(e.) If aspected by a friendly house
– Weak constitution.
(f) If occupying a friendly house
Mars in the 4th House
Domestic adversities, death of father in the 8th year, ill health to mother.
(a.) If conjunct benefics
The native may not own a house; he may have to live in another’s house; he may have to live in an old or indecent house; poor income; failure in agriculture.
(b.) If conjunct benefic and exalted or in own house or in a friendly house
– Courageous, property, long life for mother.
(c) If debilitated or conjunct malefic
– Loss of mother, enmity with relatives, staying away from the native place, want of clothes and food.
Mars in the 5th House
Poor income, no children, ungentlemanly actions, official disfavours, suffering from wounds or cuts in the 16th year, very shrewd.
(a) If exalted or in own house
– Good number of children, authoritative position, trouble from enemies.
(b) Aspected or conjunct malefic
– Loss of children, mental disorder and allied diseases.
(c ) If Mars is the lord of the 8th from the ascendant and conjunct malefic
– The native will become valourous, may be given away in adoption.
Mars in the 6th House
Reputation, capability to achieve success in undertaking, defeats enemies, marital happiness, acquisition of conveyance in the 27th year.
(a) In malefic house, in conjunction with a malefic or subject to malefic aspect
– The above effects will be enjoyed in full measure. Rheumatic and shooting pains.
(b) If posited in Virgo or Gemini Signs
– Possibility of Leprosy
(c ) If aspected by a benefic
– No such diseases as above.
Mars in the 7th House
– If mars is in the 7th from the ascendant, in a malefic Sign/ or conjunct malefic (even if the 7 the house happens to be Aries or Scorpio)
– Loss of wife.
(a) If conjunct or aspected by a benefic
– The above malefic effects will not occur, Foreign travel.
(b.) If conjunct benefic and in exaltation, own house or friendly house with malefic aspect
– Loss of wife or intimacy with a woman, other than his wife, sexual perversions.
(C) If conjunction with Saturn
– Sexual perversion.
(d) If conjunct Ketu
– Contacts with women.
If there is also another malefic in conjunction
-Loss of more than one wife
(e) In conjunct ketu, receiving benefic aspect
– Good character
(f) If Mars is conjunct or aspected by its enemy
– Loss of wife.
(g) If conjunct of Rahu
– Intimacy with the servant-maid or a widow.
Mars in the 8th House
Eye diseases, longevity below 60, loss of father, urinary diseases, few children.
(a) If conjunct benefic
– Good health, good longevity.
(b) If occupying a malefic house or conjunct or aspected by malefics
– Rheumatic diseases, Tuberculosis.
(c) If strongly disposed
– Full longevity.
Mars in the 9th house
If mars is strong
– Prosperity, adultery.
Mars in the 10th house
When favourably disposed,
– Long- lived brothers, good prosperity, interest in charity and hymns, devotional disposition.
(a) If conjunct malefic
– Failure in understanding, professional reverses, loss of reputation, capable of professional earning from the 18th year, stealing habit, robust constitution.
(b) If conjunct with lords of the 9th or the 10th
– Raja yoga will arise.
(c ) If conjunct Jupiter
– Gain of landed property
Mars in the 11th house
Besides enjoying financial prosperity, the native will become a man of manifold activities.
(a) If conjunct with the lord of 11th
– Head of a township.
(b) If conjunct benefic,
– Prosperous brothers, very good Raja yoga is formed, prosperity.
Mars in the 12th House
Rheumatic problems, ungentlemanly actions, sinful deeds, inadequate income.