Have a healthy heart, don’t delay or else you might live in disappointment. Here is some vital information and easy to follow health tips for your heart.
Here are some highlights of a report by the American Heart Association (AHA)
• In America heart disease remains the nation’s leading cause of death, a ranking it has held since 1921.
• An estimated 85.6 million people in America are living with cardiovascular diseases, including heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure and chest pain.
• Among the American adults, 32.6 %—about 80 million—have high blood pressure.
• Despite an overall 30.8 % drop in cardiovascular disease death rates from 2001 to 2011, the high blood pressure death rate increased 13.2 % over that same time.
Mantra for a Healthy Heart
Here is a wonderful mantra which if followed in daily life can help you keep a heart free of undue tensions.
“Be actively calm and calmly active”
This is not a mantra which will bring results by recitations rather by understanding it and applying it. So first of all what it means; it simply says that whatever you do weather your routine work or care of others let there be inner calmness even though you are active outside.
Remember tension or stress is a silent killer and main cause for high blood pressure etc.
In Addition to the above Take Care of the following Points
• Avoid Smoking: Smoker or a chain smoker has greater risk of heart ailments as compared to a non-smoker.
• Avoid or Reduce Consumption of Alcoholic Drinks Avoid alcoholic drinks or at least limit the intake within safe limits. Too much alcohol can damage the heart muscles, and lead to weight gain and other related problems.
• Have a Balanced Diet: Include more of fresh fruits, vegetables and grains like wheat, lentils and beans in your daily diet and avoid deep fried and other junk foods. Also limit your salt intake.
• Undertake Regular Exercise: Regular exercise or a walk is essential for good health. Take advice of a doctor in case you already have some health problems.
• Get Rid of Stress: In case daily work or any other activity is causing some stress then get rid of it by Yoga postures and breathing exercises (Pranayama).
• Keep a Check on Related Medical Parameters: Even if you have no symptoms of any heart ailment it is good to get your blood pressure, cholesterol level and blood sugar tested occasionally. This will help in taking precautionary measures if needed at any time and thereby prevent serious problems. This step is more relevant in case you have a family history of heart ailments.
Article by: Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar