Stress Aroma Therapy – Stress is a silent killer and some call it a killer without a face. Stress can have a very negative effect on the body. Persistent stress can cause high blood pressure, stroke, and heart attacks. Many people die because of too much stress in their life.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has called stress the “health epidemic of the 21st century.”
What is Aroma Therapy?
Fragrances have power to induce emotions and influence bodily functions through our nervous system.
Aromatherapy is a type of alternative medicine practice and utilizes fragrant/aromatic essential oils derived from a wide variety of healing plants. When inhaled or applied to the skin the organic grade pure essential oils help overcome various health problems.
Essential Oils that Relieve Stress – Stress Aroma Therapy
We recommend the best four essential oils for stress and anxiety relief:
(1) Lavender: Ancients discovered the benefits of Lavender Essential oil over 2,500 years ago. Because of its antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties, lavender oil is being used both cosmetically and therapeutically for centuries.
Apart from its benefit in reducing or overcoming anxiety and stress it also has the following benefits:
– Improve brain function
– help to heal burns and wounds
– Improves sleep
– Restores skin complexion and reduce acne
– Relieves pain
– Alleviates headaches
(2) Rosemary: Rosemary essential oil is extracted from the leaves of Rosemary, also known botanically as Rosmarinus officinalis, it is very popular in the Mediterranean region as a culinary herb. Many dishes are cooked with rosemary oil and its fresh leaves. It belongs to the mint family which includes basil, lavender, myrtle, and sage.
In addition to reduction of nervous tension, and fatigue Rosemary essential oil has the following benefits also:
– Improves digestion
– Improves respiratory function
– Relieves pain
– Cures Depression
(3) Rose: Rose essential oil has been used for improving certain health conditions and as natural beauty treatments for thousands of years. Whenever you feel anxious and stressful then aroma therapy with rose essential oil can relieve you of all tension.
For a refreshing sleep mix five drops of lavender oil with five drops of rose essential oil in a burner or diffuser placed beside your bed and you will wake up renewed and peaceful.
It also has other benefits as follows:
– Can lift one out of depression
– Improves sexual drive (libido) by balancing sex hormones
– Helps in treating respiratory problems
– Improves skin quality
(4) Frankincense: Frankincense oil is obtained from the resin of the Boswellia sacra tree. Frankincense had long association with many different religions especially the Christian religion for centuries. It is believed to be one of the first gifts given to Jesus by the wise men.
Frankincense essential oil relieves chronic anxiety and stress.
In addition it has other benefits:
– Boosts immune system
– Prevents illness
– Kills harmful germs and bacteria
– Improves skin quality
– Improves memory
Use the Best quality Organic Essential Oils only
It is of utmost importance that you always choose high quality, organic essential oils obtained through the process of distillation. Avoid cheap essential oils that are probably diluted with potentially toxic chemical ingredients.
How to Use Essential Oils
The best method is to buy an essential oil burner or diffuser. There are varieties of burners and diffusers. Burners either use a candle or an electric lamp for heating. In the burners the upper surface is in the shape of a shallow bowl. You can fill the bowl with water and add four to five drops of the essential oil. Within minutes your room will be filled with the soothing aroma.
Good quality diffusers are comparatively more expansive and produce a mist of vapours.
Article by Jyotirvid Pawan Kumar