Diwali Puja ProcessOne of the main festival in hindu is Diwali, the Goddess of prosperity and wealth. It is believed that Goddess Laxmi visit everyone during Diwali and brings peace and prosperity to all. On the night of Diwali "Lakshmi-Pujan" is performed in the evenings. A traditional Pujan is performed after sunset in all the homes.
Five pieces of ghee diyas (lamps) are lit in front of the deities, naivedya of traditional sweets is offered to the Goddess and devotional songs are sung in praise of Goddess Laxmi. After Deepawali Puja people light diyas (lamps) in their homes to usher in light and clear the darkness from the world.
After Diwali Puja people light diyas (lamps) in their homes to usher in light and clear the darkness from the world.
Send Diwali Greetings
In villages cattle are adorned and worshipped by farmers as they form the main source of their income.
In south cows are offered special veneration as they are supposed to be the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi and therefore they are adorned and worshipped on this day.
Step By Step Diwali Puja Process
1. First clean the Puja room and then Bathe each Deity ( Lakshmi & Ganesh) first with water, then with panchamitra/or rose water, followed by water once more
2. Now put Deepak (Lamp) in front of the Deities - As the tiny diyas of clay are lighted to drive away the shadows of evil spirits
3. Make a Panchamitra with 5 ingredients of milk, curd, ghee (clarified butter), sugar & Honey.
4. Place Few mithais, snacks & fruits as a prashad.
5. Make offerings of flowers, abir (red colour), sindoor (vermillion), haldi (turmeric), and Light the
6. Agarbatti (incense sticks) and lamps filled with Ghee.
7. Now make offerings of fruit, sweet meat (mithai), Salty snacks (Mathis, Ghathia, Namakpare) and offer dakshina (token money), which could be given to the poor.
8. In the end offer paan (betel leaves), cloves. Now pray to the dieties to seek their blessings.
9. Ganesh Puja -Ganesh Puja is a must for Diwali Puja. (Lord Ganesha is to be worshipped in all pujas before any other God or Goddess.) (Ganesh Aarti is sung)
10.Laxmi Puja : Place Lotus and other flowers at her feet as an offering. A silver coin is placed in front of the Goddess during the puja. Now perform Arti with flowers in hand (Lakshmi Aarti is sung)
After Diwali Puja have the Prasad and go out to burst Diwali Crackers.
Click here to read more about each day of Diwali Festival
Diwali Festivals of Five Days
Diwali Puja Process
Why Lakshmi Ganesha worshiped together ?
Remedies on Dhanteras to make Goddess Lakshmi Happy
Bhai Dooj 2012
Goverdhan Puja 2012
Diwali Worship Mahurata
Send Diwali Greetings