Importance of Hanuman Chalisa
Hanuman Chalisa is a very powerful devotional work that has been left to posterity by Goswami Tulsidas whose devotional work - Tulsi Ramayan has revolutionized Bhakti movement by enabling common man to recite the glorious legend of Shri Rama in his native tongue.Hanuman Chalisa has been found to be highly effective in controlling the evil effects of Saturn transit or Saturn's major/ minor periods. Those who are under such influences will get benefitted by chanting the Chalisa for 8 times on Saturdays.
Hanuman Chalisa praises Lord Hanuman the Foremost Devotee of Lord Shri Rama. Shri Hanuman is the epitome of Selfless Service, Courage, Humble disposition, and Bhakti all rolled into one. Venerating that noble Devotee of Raamaa is sure to benefit us. I have found that specific verses in the Hanuman Chalisa are capable of bestowing specific results as a result of my meditations on this for long years (based on my individual research; and I have found it to be working miraculously by God's Grace).
- Reciting theOpening Doha of Hanuman Chalisa many times willremove the doshas arising out of having insulted knowingly/ unknowingly one’s preceptor/ a Raama Bhakta.
- Reciting theSecond Doha willremove hardships in life and grant wisdom and strength.
- Reciting theOpening Chaupayi of the chaalisa “Jaya Hanumaan gyaan guna saagar…..” will bless one with Divine knowledge.
- Reciting theThird Chaupayi “Mahaaveer vikrama Bhajrangi…..” will help inreforming persons who are into bad company or have fallen into undesirable habits. It will also give abundant strength.
- Reciting the7th and 8th Chaupayi's “Vidyavan guni athi chaathur…..” will help one to cultivate Rama Bhakti and become dear to Lord Raama.
- Reciting the11th Chaupayi“Laya sanjivan…..” will help inremoving effects of poisonous bites and in removal of fear from snakes.
- Reciting the12th Chaupayiwill help inremoving misunderstanding between brothers and promote unity between siblings.
- Reciting the13th, 14th, and 15th Chaupayis will help inattaining fame.
- Reciting the16th and 17th Chaupayiis will help inrecovering lost status or in attaining desired promotions/ posts.
- Reciting the20th Chaupayi will help inaccomplishing even difficult tasks overcoming all obstacles.
- Reciting the22nd Chaupayi will giveDivine Protection during adverse planetary periods.
- Reciting the24th Chaupayi will help in driving awayNegative Energies including Boota, Pisachas, saakinii, daakini, and black magical deities.
- Reciting the25th Chaupayi will help inmaintaining good health. It will also give the ability to bear physical pain when one is injured.
- Reciting the26th Chaupayi givesrelief from difficulties.
- Reciting27th and 28th Chaupayi's grantsbestowal of desires by Divine Grace.
- Reciting the29th Chaupayigrantsfame.
- Reciting the30th Chaupayi helps invictory over evil forces.
- Reciting the31st Chaupayigivesoccult powers and great Wealth.
- Reciting the32nd, 33rd, 34th and 35th Chaupayi's helps one to enjoy anethical and fulfilling life without any worries/ frustrations at the end of such a contented life one will attain the Divine Abode of Shri Raamaa.
- Reciting the36th Chaupayi givesrelief from all difficulties and pains.
- Reciting the37th Chaupayisecures the Grace of Hanuman.
Those who have major tasks to accomplish should recite the appropriate Chaupayi with devotion1008 times on an auspicious Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday or on a Moola Nakshatra day. They can also tail pooja along with this (offering sandal wood paste and kumkum/sindoor to the tail of Hanumanji’s image for 48 days). Others can just recite it 12 times, 24 times, 32 times, 36 times, 54 times, 108 times, 1008 times, or even 10008 times based on time availability and convenience.
Absolute Faith and the correct attitudes combined with this recital can definitely help one to achieve all that one sets out for in life. May the Grace of Lord Hanumaan Bless us all.
Hanuman Chalisa -Part 1 -Part 2 -Part 3-Importance of Hanuman Chalisa
Article byPandit R Dakshinamoorthi